The first commercial classes commenced in 1926. A new wing, including the classrooms, was added to the Convent with the help of the government. Same year, the impressive chapel was also completed. The Convent went on developing and additions like orphanage expanded its purview. From 1885 to 1903, the Convent extended its helping hand to the sick.
The CHIJMES complex is architecturally self-contained, having clusters of buildings of different styles and periods. The early Gothic style chapel has intricate work of art, such as plasterwork, the wall frescoes and stained glass panels. It is one of the most elaborate places of worship ever built on the island. A tall spire flanked by buttresses marks the entrance to the chapel.
Convent of Holy Infant Jesus Chapel
Central Business Center, Singapore